There are so many possible technical ways to fix a blocked shower, such as clearing the blockage, using a plunger, and utilising a screwdriver and plastic zip tie (cable tie or tie-wrap). Some individuals even consider that using chemicals to clear a blocked drain is one of the probable choices. Nevertheless, any chemical is totally caustic and can have a damaging effect to the surrounding environment. We bet that any professional plumber will never use such a chemical to unclog a drain.You can handle a Blocked Shower Walworth by following a handful of steps that you can do at your home to unblock the frustrating blocked shower with baking soda and vinegar. The combo of these two is able to break down the soap residue, scum and other acids. Plus, you don’t need to buy then pour down a bottle of hazardous chemicals into the shower drain.
Here are the things that are needed:
– A box of baking soda
– A cup of white vinegar
– A full kettle of boiling water
– A washcloth or a rag (if you have one) which is big enough to put into the opening of the drain hole to clog it up
How to unblock the clogged shower with baking soda and vinegar:
– Pour the baking soda right down to the drain.
– Following the baking soda, pour a half cup of vinegar.
– Make sure you plug the drain with the cloth or rag, filling the hole completely so nothing can escape.
– Leave it for around 15 minutes.
– While you’re waiting, you can boil the water.
– Remove the washcloth and pour the water down the drain slowly to flush the baking soda and vinegar through.
Note: Never, never, never try to use vinegar on any drain with harsh chemicals or cleansers as it can produce toxic vapors.